News and notes from around the interweb:
- Baggage handler fired after writing obscene message on a baby’s suitcase ““c*** stop checking in late” written in pen.
- United will no longer block 6 seats on each Boeing 757-300 flight
- Alaska Airlines announced that they plan to gain access to the Pacific by acquiring Hawaiian Airlines. And now Delta Air Lines, which competes against Alaska at their Seattle hub, has announced Seattle – Taipei. This will almost certainly be a money-loser. EVA Air already operates the route 10 times weekly, with connectivity beyond Taipei.
- Marriott managers have to pitch their best ideas for new hotels, and one doesn’t want to give up their ‘best ideas’ Reddit has some suggestions. (HT: H.G.)
- Hotel in space could be operational in five years
- Woman charged in fatal Hilton shooting after argument at hotel pool and speaking of Hiltons, police fire on suspect who jumped from Hilton Garden Inn window.