News and notes from around the interweb:
- Luxury Concierge Service Was an Illegal Private Bank Aurae Lifestyle and Club Swann marketed a bespoke concierge and “a MasterCard made from 14-karat or 18-karat solid gold that could be embedded with as many as 164 precious stones” but mostly were just providing “the ability to engage in financial transactions without immediate scrutiny or detection by US financial regulators and provided customers with access to the US financial system when they otherwise would be barred from obtaining a US bank account” – presumably an end-run around Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering rules. (HT: @crucker)
- 7 night Virgin Voyages cruises in June and July for 80,000 Virgin miles and Chase, Amex, Citi, Capital One and Bilt all transfer to Virgin.
- United’s first class fries were crispy but under-salted. I suspect that perfectly-cooked fries and overcooked burgers are related (and that when the burger isn’t overdone the fries will be underdone) – a consequence of not heating items separately!
- Seems like you see a lot more Delta planes in disrepair than you used to (and their operation, while still good compared to many competitors, isn’t as reliable as it once was either).
Now, @Delta you all need to let this plane go! AND my seat cushion keeps sliding off the chair the FA told me to just keep my seat belt tight so I won't go sliding out the exit row. I need some help pic.twitter.com/yUUS8dKdWV
— Robyn (@robynbriaadams) May 25, 2023
- Don’t change baby diapers on the tray table at your seat
- Don’t use the coffee machine in your hotel room
@melly_creations Replying to @sodickstracted As a former hotel manager here are additional items I won't use. #hotels #hotelstay #dontuse #advice ♬ Cupid – Twin Ver. (FIFTY FIFTY) – Sped Up Version – sped up 8282