I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
The biggest credit card offers are the quickest, easiest way to earn a large amount of miles and jump start your travel. These are the most lucrative. There are several new best-ever and limited-time offers that have come out over the last several weeks. Many of the offers on this list are new.
Every month I post what I find are the biggest credit card offers out there. Some of last month’s biggest credit card offers are gone or changed. What excites me is that card rewards really seem to be on the upswing in a big way. Now is the time to apply.
Here’s the current up to date list of biggest credit card offers right now – the most lucrative bonuses available. And here are easy ways to meet the minimum spend required by some of the offers.
Here are the cards I consider to be the biggest credit card offers with rich bonuses right now:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has an offer to earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®,. (Offer expired.)
Points transfer to United, Hyatt, Southwest, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore Airlines, JetBlue, Air France KLM, Emirates, JetBlue, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Marriott Rewards, and IHG One Rewards. Probably the best all-around credit card, certainly for getting started in the hobby, and with a great initial bonus.
In fact since it seems easier to get approved for than Reserve, a great strategy if you want Sapphire Reserve is to get the Sapphire Preferred card and ask Chase to product change in a year. In general Chase doesn’t approve cardmembers who have signed up for 5 or more new card accounts in the past 24 months, so this is the first card you should apply for. However there are reports of some people being approved for the cards despite being over 5/24! (No guarantees. A lot of things go into an approval decision.)
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has a 100,000 point initial bonus after $15,000 spend within 3 months. That can even be enough for a roundtrip business class award ticket between the US and Europe.
It earns 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent each year on travel — that’s airlines, hotels, rental cars, tolls, even Uber — and shipping and advertising on social media and search engines, so great for anyone who advertises on Facebook or Twitter, or who spends money advertising with Google. It also comes with $600 protection against theft or damage when you use it to pay your cell phone.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card has an offer to earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
The card earns unlimited 2X miles on purchases – and 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel.
You’ll receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get our best prices on thousands of options. And you’ll get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary. With this card you can access the Capital One Lounge as well as Priority Pass lounges.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card Capital One is offering a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel. You’ll unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day (Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs.) This $95 annual fee card also comes with up to a $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card is offering 75,000 miles after $3500 spend in 4 months and the card’s annual fee is $0 the first year (then $99).
New Business Class Suites With Doors Are Coming, Credit American Airlines
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® is offering 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening. This card has a $0 annual fee the first year (then $99).
The card offers first checked bag on domestic American Airlines itineraries. There’s preferred boarding on American Airlines flights as well. And each eligible mile earned from purchases also earns a Loyalty Point towards elite status.
- American Express® Business Gold Card has an offer to earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
The card earns More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. 1X is earned for other purchases. 4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year. Terms apply. Eligible categories are: airfare purchased directly from airlines; U.S. purchases for advertising in select media; U.S. purchases at gas stations; U.S. purchases for shipping; U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers.
This is a $295 annual fee card. Terms apply. See rates and fees.
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card has an initial bonus offer to earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening. (Offer expired)
Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years (which can now be used for 50% off a solo traveler’s Avios required for an award if you prefer that over 100% off of a companion). Cardholders receive a 10% off British Airways flights starting in the US when you book through the website provided in your welcome materials.
Chase issues not just the British Airways card but also sister Aer Lingus and Iberia products and they each have similar bonus offers.
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card has an offer to earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening. (Offer expired)
- Iberia Visa Signature® Card has an offer to earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening. (Offer expired)
Active Avios accounts can transfer points between them, so it’s possible to pool points across the Iberia, British Airways and Aer Lingus programs.
Think there’s a card that belongs on this list but isn’t here, leave a comment!
For rates and fees of the American Express® Business Gold Card, click here
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.
Leave a Reply