News and notes from around the interweb:
- When United started talking this summer about figuring out the purpose for each of its hubs there was renewed speculation that Washington Dulles could lose hub status. I suggested at the time that if might lose connections to smaller cities but would remain important and rely more on local traffic. Latest news is that United has extended its lease at Washington Dulles through 2024 (HT: @IadisGr8, though it’s not).
- As expected, Frontier Airlines now offers PreCheck
- Club1 Hotels is a new site offering wholesale hotel rates. It’s normally paid membership but for a limited time they’re giving free one year memberships if you sign up now. And they’re giving away $500 in hotel credit to a reader of this blog. With far fewer entries than usual so far, odds are good, so enter.
- Air France KLM will install gogo’s high speed 2ku internet
- Making America(n) Great Again their MBA recruiting ads, as seen at ‘usairways.greatjob.net’ (integration isn’t done, it seems), pitches:
Restore American to Greatness.
For much of the ’80s and ’90s American Airlines – the “on-time machine” – was arguably the greatest airline in the world. After a challenging decade for the entire airline industry, we have emerged from what many analysts call the most successful airline restructuring in history. American is now on the precipice of something truly great. We’re building the largest airline in the world and already generating record breaking profits, including 2015 when American earned not only the highest pre-tax income in company history but the highest pre-tax income of any airline in history. We’re restoring American as the greatest airline in the world and #goingforgreat.
- New Orleans wanted an airport hotel but no one wanted to build it.
- IHG Rewards Club is offering employees of several companies double points October 1 through end of year, registration required: