News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn free Las Vegas comps from your computer
- Don’t fly during Ramadan A chilling tale of TSA, opting out, and what happens when the hand swab alarms.
- Last month Gordon Ramsey did a cook off against Singapore Hawker stalls… and lost. Apparently he did well with chili crabs, but his laksa fell flat. He graciously acknowleged the hawker chefs “kicked [his] a*se” (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- US Airways lost a motion to dismiss a lawsuit complaining that they award point-to-point mileage for flights instead of actual miles flown (if you take a circuitous route to avoid weather you should earn more miles since you’ve flown more miles).
I’ve always thought the better suit would be airlines that award 1 to 5 fewer miles per flight than the actual point-to-point distance, multiplied over every program member and every flight every day that could be a valuable class action that no individual is incentivized to litigate on their own.
- DeltaPoints interviews BoardingArea founder Randy Petersen