News and notes from around the interweb:
- How can I avoid extra fees on award tickets?
- “The entire frequent flyer universe breathes a collective sigh of relief.”
- @gster78 tweeted that he successfully used this advice to get out of a non-refundable advance purchase booking. Sometimes the shelf life on blog posts is longer than I think!
- Hyatt is buying the Peabody Orlando attached to the Orlando convention center. When the transaction closes (expected October 1) it will be rebranded a Hyatt Regency. Unless I am mistaken this 1,641 room hotel will have the most guest rooms of any Hyatt. (Update: As pointed out by many of you emailing me, the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Street in Chicago remains the largest.)
- I frequently have bunches of web browser windows open throughout the day, things I intend to blog about, messages I intend to answer. And I have a bad tendency to accidentally close browser windows, realizing moments later I’ve just closed the wrong one – not every day mind you, but more often than I’d like.
It turns out CTRL-SHIFT-T reopens a just-closed browser window in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Supposedly COMMAND-SHIFT-T should work for Macs. Repeating should reopen the browser window closed before the last one that’s been reopened, and this can go back 10 times. Never knew that… (HT: The Volokh Conspiracy)