News and notes from around the interweb:
- A new place to buy Vanilla Reloads cards, and possibly even earn double points while doing so.
- The Southwest Visa 50,000 point signup bonus offer (offer expired) that I wrote about this past week now has a known expiration date of August 6.
- Somalia’s somewhat friendly skies. Another fascinating example of relative (and relatively increasing) prosperity in the country with no functional government.
- The new head of Dallas Fort Worth airport once boarded the wrong plane there as a child. (HT: Carter H.) He continued making similar mistakes throughout his career, such as running United’s short-lived low cost carrier Ted. Terry Maxon suggests his experience at United means that the Virgin Australia COO already has experience running a non-profit..
- Fly New York to Guayaquil, Ecaudor for $365 roundtrip all-in on American.