News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why I Love Airline Food (HT: Joel G.)
- Double or even triple points… Southwest is running various targeted promotions, such as 50%, 100%, and 200% flight bonuses. Log into your account and look under promotions to see whether any are available to you. Offers appear to apply only to forward bookings (not to flights booked before today but for travel during the promotion period) for travel through November 21. (HT: Reader Jay R. pointing to a discussion started by frequent commenter toomanybooks)
- For bookings made by September 20 and travel through December 30, promotion code COSSW may get Costco members 25% off on Hyatt stays in the Southwest U.S. (HT: Lucky)
- American’s new pimped out A319s take flight today with initial service to Charlotte, Cleveland, Memphis and Wichita. While originally the narrative was that they would replace aging MD80s (with only half the number of first class seats!), they are now being described as set to replace 757s as well. Great planes in back, but a very tough upgrade indeed!
- Promo code Treat31 will take 31% off of a Southwest flight on October 31 (“Wanna Get Away fares” only). Roundtrip travel is required — if you fly both outbound and return on October 31 then 31% off applies to the full ticket. If your outbound or return is on the 31st then the discount applies to the flights flown on that day only. Must book by the end of the day tomorrow.