News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cathay Pacific upgrades first class dining
I miss the old caviar and balik salmon service
- GHA Discovery double points and up to 50% off hotels, book by November 30 for stays through February 24.
- Amtrak tries to seize the operating lease for Union Station in DC underscoring that it’s a government entity and using a law meant to support track not buildings.
- Disneyland guest strips NAKED and crawls around ‘It’s a Small World’ ride
Someone got real weird on It’s A Small World at Disneyland today pic.twitter.com/ff0Zswii4i
— Disney Scoop Matt (@DisneyScoopGuy) November 26, 2023
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani guest robbed at knife point in lobby restroom
- Remember when surge pricing was giving more money to drivers to get them on the road to meet passenger demand? Uber really was better five years ago. (See also: what happens when you put the CEO of Expedia in charge.)
“Uber has developed algorithms for tailoring customer prices based on what they believe individual customers would be willing to pay and tailoring payments to individual drivers so they are as low as possible to get them to accept trips.” https://t.co/SuAFDI9NSM
— Lee Hepner (@LeeHepner) November 26, 2023