News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Italy Club has been renamed @MyAirItalyClub. I suppose that’s no worse than being an Explorist or having to speak the word Bonvoy!
- The typical Phoenix airport passenger is “[a] college-educated, 43-year-old woman who is traveling for leisure and has a household income of more than $100,000”
- An interesting story on Starwood Capital (not Starwood hotels) debt placements in Israel
- The Pan Am flight that had to fly take the long way home after Pearl Harbor (HT: Cranky Flier)
- The airline industry battle in Texas in the 1970s (HT: Cranky Flier)
- Effective June 1 Viva Wyndham all-inclusive resort properties will no longer be part of Wyndham Rewards. May 31 is the last day to redeem points for future stays, and to book future revenue stays that will earn points. Wyndham tells me future award bookings will be honored, and those with paid stays booked by May 31 “will need to contact Wyndham Rewards member services after their stay in order to have the points posted to their account.” There will no longer be elite benefit recognition starting June 1.
- Traveling with kids is like..