News and notes from around the interweb:
- Really good overview of travel insurance in the Covid era
- Candace Owens on the economics of frequent flyer programs. She has many opinions of airlines.
You realize that you not using the miles you’ve earned by spending money would be a good thing for American Airlines right?
They would much rather give your seat to someone who is paying with money, and allow your reward points to expire.
— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) January 10, 2022
- Actually ‘caring for people on life’s journey’… American Airlines should tell more of these stories, including to their team members, to help frame the culture they want to build.
Currently on an American Airlines flight in on the runway about to take off when a passenger got a call that her dad way dying & she wanted to get off to go say goodbye. @AmericanAir returned to the gate to facilitate the request no one complained, humanity at it’s finest
— (@MaestroPetrie) January 10, 2022
- Alaska Airlines continues rolling out individual award charts for oneworld partners
- GM revamps rewards program and credit card portfolio
- TSA’s list of 10 most unusual items confiscated in 2021 includes a chainsaw and a meth burrito