- That’s great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, an aeroplane, and Lenny Bruce is not afraid
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs, don’t misserve your own needs
… Feeling pretty psyched
… It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine
Growing up I was told that REM’s It’s the End of the World as We Know It was inspired by Michael Stipe’s brother, who was a debater at the University of Georgia and partners with Ralph Reed who would go on to become a prominent political activist and Christian Coservative. The song involves a “plan-counterplan debate.”
The lyrics include,
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives, and I decline
That story may be apocryphal. But it has truthiness.
But some things have changed on this blog administratively. I hope it’s as smooth a transition as possible. The burden should be 99.5% on me, and hopefully not more than 0.5% on you as a reader.
- You may have experienced some technical issues reaching the blog this week, or commenting. Those appear to be solved. Thank you for your patience.
- The website address for this blog remains www.ViewFromTheWing.com however that redirects to a slightly different place … viewfromthewing.com
- Redirects should be in place properly, everything should have been moved over, I apologize if that’s not the case. But emails, RSS feed, everything I’m aware of appears to be working.
- I’m also experiencing major problems with the email address associated with the blog. My old Yahoo email address has given me major issues. I apologize if you’ve sent me a recent email that has gone unresponded to. That is just not my way. I make a point of trying to respond to every question I get. If you’ve emailed me, I think things got stuck in the Yahoo account.
- So I now have gary -at- viewfromthewing.com and that seems to be working much better! Please update your email address books and reach out to me at that address going forward. I will update the blog elsewhere to show that e-mail. I should be able to reply to you much more quickly that way.
Again, thank you for your patience.
- Six o’clock, TV hour, don’t get caught in foreign tower
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn
..It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine