News and notes from around the interweb:
- LAX American Express Centurion lounge gets closer to opening: they’re hiring.
- China pressures the Stockholm Sheraton to kick out a Taiwanese event. They’ve hosted Taiwan’s National Day celebrations but now China is flexing muscles, since Taiwan isn’t a separate country in their view Taiwan cannot have a National Day – even in Sweden – and businesses face consequences for defying China. (HT: @stephenw_)
It’s almost like the way the Sheraton is hostage to the Chinese government, they’re suffering Stockholm Syndrome?
- Customs officer demands journalist admit they ‘write propoganda’ before permitting them to re-enter the United States.
Copyright: andreyuu / 123RF Stock Photo
- Are groups booking blocks of rooms at Trump hotels and not staying in them? (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Startup wants to create an aftermarket in rewards currencies but in the U.S. at least the law is on the side of issuers who wish to control their own currencies.