News notes from around the interweb:
- Could choosing a window seat protect you from the virus when you fly?
A study from Emory University found that during flu season, the safest place to sit on a plane is by a window, as people sitting in window seats had less contact with potentially sick people.
- Randy Petersen interview live today 3 p.m. Eastern.
more about tomorrow… pic.twitter.com/AtLHW9eFyu
— randy petersen (@ranflyer) June 2, 2020
- Former Spirit Airlines CEO Ben Baldanza makes several claims about how travel will recover similar to what I offered a month ago: Short haul domestic comes back first, non-stop flights will be preferred, some business travel won’t return – so low cost domestic carriers benefit faster than big international hub and spoke airlines.
- Las Vegas properties waiving resort and parking charges.
- Thailand opens up in July and may give their Songkran festival a do-over.
- Hyatt Rosemont is for sale this used to be where you’d go for cheap domestic ‘faster free nights’ mattress runs.