News notes from around the interweb:
- Delta may be developing a premium lounge product for business class customers akin to United’s Polaris lounge and American’s Flagship. The first one would be at LAX.
Delta Sky Club Austin
- Josh Barro defends checking luggage because you won’t have to fight for overhead bin space, and Delta and Alaska deliver bags quickly. Better to pack even lighter, not need bin space at all, especially if you aren’t flying Delta or Alaska. Sadly on leisure travel, now that I’m a dad to a one year old, I often do need to check luggage.
- $15,000 for a used jetbridge seems like a pretty good deal, and plenty of things you might do with one if you had a nice plot of land.
- There are 8.5 million members of Chipotle’s loyalty program and Chipotle kids meals can be a surprisingly good value.
- As of January 31 the federal government is allowing greater secrecy at Customs and Border Protection by designating it a ‘security agency’.
- Opening of metro service to Washington Dulles airport will slip to 2021.
- Korean Air selling non-airline assets as it seeks to improve financial health.