News notes from around the interweb:
- Delta will pay out $1.6 billion in profit sharing on Valentine’s Day, this will average out to about two months’ salary per employee.
- Win 100,000 Qatar Airways Qmiles
- Competitours dates for 2020 are out! It’s a 10-day team travel competition through Western Europe. You’ll face surprise challenges that are about being creative and resourceful not speed or fitness so anyone can participate.
There’s a $3600 grand prize pool split between top 3 teams – rivalry during day and revelry at night – last year 70% of teams were repeat, everyone loves it. Since my award booking service partner Steve Belkin runs it, award booking clients who register get free award booking for their flights to and from the trip.
- As Ed Bastian checks his net promoter score.
Shortly before this plane landed at LAX, it dumped what's believed to be fuel on an elementary school playground, hitting several students. LA County Fire said 70+ are on scene assessing multiple patients https://t.co/G5duAwTvUt pic.twitter.com/LsJaAOTfpg
— Colleen Shalby (@CShalby) January 14, 2020
- Delta reporting on loyalty program performance during its 4th quarter earnings call.
Total loyalty revenues grew 18%. We added the highest number of SkyMiles Members in our history with over 6 million new enrollments. We also acquired 1.1 million new co-brand cards setting a new record and marking the third consecutive year of more than 1 million co-brand acquisitions.
We deepened our customer engagement to drive 12% growth in mileage redemptions and program spend. This is the fifth year of double-digit growth for portfolio spend. In 2019, our renewed contract with American Express benefited revenue by approximately $500 million.
- Don’t forget that over 20,000 TSA employees have been accused of misconduct, have of them multiple times.
My hair is part of my spirit. I am a Native woman. I am angry, humiliated. Your “fun” hurt.
— tara houska (@zhaabowekwe) January 13, 2020