New and notes from around the interweb:
- A blogger details how she made $300 flying to China by renting out her checked baggage allowance to Airmule. A must-read for anyone that’s been curious about the process, though not one I’d undertake. Definitely read the whole thing.
There is an inherent risk to working as a courier where you don’t pack the bags yourself. Although I opened the suitcases and everything appeared to match up with the packing list, several items were in closed or sealed packages that I couldn’t access. If something illegal made it past the Airmule screening process, I’d never know and China is not the greatest place to push the boundaries.
- Delta’s Chief Marketing Officer says people are traveling more to get instagrammable photos. Presumably then an airline capturing this extra business implies having the more instagrammable cabin. Boeing’s Sky Interior alone doesn’t cut it, though seat back video screens always improve photos immensely. (HT: Jennifer Billock)
- Pilots union says Delta is shipping their job to Mexico and wants the Department of Transportation to stop it as a condition of renewing the carrier’s joint venture with Aeromexico.
Copyright: noratm / 123RF Stock Photo
- 40% bonus transferring Diners Club to British Airways long gone are the annual summer 100% bonuses.
- John Travolta is donating a Boeing 707
- Update on bidding for Star Alliance member Asiana
- I know “Talk Like a Pirate Day” is a day each year, but who knew there’s a Customer Experience Day existed. Do any of the airlines celebrate?