News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Department of Transportation entered into a settlement with JetBlue and American Airlines in order to resolve competition concerns and approve moving forward with the Northeast Alliance. Now the Department of Justice is suing to break up that alliance saying competition concerns were never resolved. Oops. So DOT is doing backflips to explain why there’s no inconsistency. We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.
— Ross Feinstein (@RossFeinstein) October 1, 2022
- DOT is doing nothing whatsoever to require airlines to disclose the emotional costs of travel. (HT: Paul H)
- New tax reporting for sending money online doesn’t apply to Zelle.
- Palestinian American comedian goes to the airport wearing t-shirt with first female hijacker emblazoned on it which – issues of protected speech in a government building, and airline dress codes aside – seems like a pretty scummy thing to do.
- This is what jumping the shark looks like, right?
New feature from me: Airbnb hosts are installing pickleball courts to stand out among other listings and share the game with guests. Listings mentioning pickleball are up 32% since 2019 and big names like Lebron James are getting involved with the sport.https://t.co/ri71VzA3Xj
— Michael Tobin (@Tobin_Tweets) September 30, 2022
- United has been doing a really nice job with inflight recognition lately.
— Rachel (@racheldolly9) September 30, 2022