News and notes from around the interweb:
- U.S. Department of Transportation is investigating 18 airlines for illegally denying refunds to customers for cancelled flights during the pandemic.
- United is upgrading its catering on Hawaii flights
- Priority Pass shares data that,
more than 75% airport lounges globally are open for business…average lounge visits have increased 34% for H1 of 2021 compared to H2 2020.
- Chicago O’Hare modernization project complete after 16 years. By the way, do you know Al Capone’s connection to O’Hare and why the tunnel connecting the United concourses is so trippy?
- TSA scanners can’t read new Nevada drivers licenses
All Nevada driver’s licenses and ID cards now feature the new design that was rolled out beginning in July. But allow yourself extra time if you’re using the card as ID at the airport. TSA scanners can’t read the updated barcode. See https://t.co/A6b4iGhkwd for more information. pic.twitter.com/11jbonJLgu
— Governor Sisolak (@GovSisolak) September 8, 2021