News and notes from around the interweb:
- Dr. Fauci wants a vaccine requirement for travel which would include domestic flights.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation is again looking into airlines splitting up families. Pay for seat assignments, be on the same reservation if you can, and if the airline still splits you up they should help fix it. But be nice and offer to trade the most desirable seats you have (aisle) for lesser seats so that other passengers are willing to switch.
- Breeze will become the biggest Airbus A220 operator
Credit: Breeze Airways
- India’s Jet Airways brand will start domestic flights again under new management.
- Two United flight attendants get engaged inflight
- Australia denies Qantas-Japan Airlines joint venture over anti-trust concerns the carriers would, for instance, be the only currently anticipated options on Melbourne – Tokyo.
- HNA Group gets investor for reorganization of its airline (Hainan Airlines et al) and airport businesses. That should help replace part of the $10 billion that was embezzled. Hopefully they’ll no longer need to offer bondholders airline tickets in lieu of interest payments…