News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn Delta miles when you use Instacart SkyMiles are, as my grandfather used to say, “better than a hole in the head.”
- You’re focused on the pressure cooker, what makes this story unusual is they didn’t keep the cash for themselves (HT: @iflyplaces)
Early this morning @TSA officers @BostonLogan discovered approximately $10k hidden inside a slow cooker. Not sure why the passenger decided to hide money in a slow cooker, but @MassStatePolice eventually cleared the passenger and the money. pic.twitter.com/7DbSJsKAsI
— TSA_NewEngland (@TSA_NewEngland) February 17, 2022
- Alaska Airlines adds award bookings on Malaysia Airlines and the redemption rates are really bad new Alaska partners generally come on with awful pricing, so assume that when existing contracts are up with incumbent partners those prices too should rise. A lot.
- I flew Southwest on day one of the return of alcohol. Flight attendant was downright giddy when she saw her first free drink chit in two years come out of my wallet. Strangest part? It had stayed in the wallet the full two years.
- Outgoing Executive Vice President of American Airlines endorses No Fly List for disruptive passengers, even though this is not provided for as a punishment in law. This follows the incident where one of the airline’s flight attendants hit a passenger over the head with a coffee pot in order to subdue him.
— elise (@elisecom) February 18, 2022
- $500 off Qatar Airways business class tickets