News notes from around the interweb:
- Washington National airport closes the far pier with gates 35-45 which also means closure of gate 35X.
- TSA dog program is completely ineffective according to the government’s own investigators, and worse than that anyone cleared by a dog was given lighter screening which means the dog program actually reduced security.
- New Air Force One is already over budget but we knew this would happen years ago, right?
Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016
- Asiana considers flying empty Airbus A380s just to keep their pilots current they do not own their own simulator, cannot practically use Thai’s right now, and their request to use Korean’s was turned down.
- This isn’t wrong.
- Air Canada expects international travel worldwide by the end of the year.