News notes from around the interweb:
- Uber is going to start putting ads on vehicles like old school taxis. The pilot starts April 1 in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix, with Uber and Uber Eats drivers who opt in earning $300 plus $100 per week they drive at least 20 hours.
- This was an amazing sand storm.
— Breaking Aviation News (@breakingavnews) February 22, 2020
- Just how big a mess South African Airways is at the management level
- United catering changes
- Expedia is laying off 12% of staff. Don’t expect the miserable booking platform to get better…
Expedia Dancer Positions May No Longer Be Available. Flickr: Juggernautco
- American Express lounge in Mumbai now reserves its sit down dining section for Centurion cardholders
- Southwest Airlines will fly Denver-Steamboat Springs starting this winter. That’s not a new city I’d have predicted for Southwest but of course it doesn’t take a ton of aircraft time. Denver – Steamboat Springs is largely a connecting market not Southwest’s traditional short and medium haul point to point.