News and notes from around the interweb:
- Excellent thread with photos and video of the not-yet-open new Kansas City airport terminal.
- SkyTeam member and Delta partner ITA Airways (the former Alitalia) is offering a status match again, but this time requiring you have an existing booking with the airline. One could, presumably, make a refundable booking then claim the match and refund the ticket. They’re even matching status that expired in 2019.
- Still shorter than the line to get into the Sky Club?
This is the @Delta customer service counter @JFK Airport. They have a single person behind the counter to make arrangements for several cancelled flights. #madness #poorcuatomerService pic.twitter.com/GEW9R0Khqs
— Sergio Mendoza (@SergioM49326744) August 7, 2022
- United Airlines pilots refused to operate flight to Tel Aviv amidst rocket attacks on Israel. The airline blamed an airport curfew, which didn’t exist.
- Don’t touch the coffee pot, drinking glasses, or bed spread in your hotel room. Even where brand standards require better cleaning and replacement than reported here that doesn’t mean the franchise you’re staying in actually does that.
@_sourqueen #hotelstories #housekeepersecrets #hotelhorrorstories #formerhousekeeper #facts ♬ original sound – The Snows❄️
- UFO testimony (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- Hertz devaluation coming August 9th they’re giving you a few days’ notice but won’t even detail the changes. Best guess: you’ll no longer be able to redeem points for bail.