David H points me to the following offer:
Superfly is giving its eligible members Gold, Plat and Top Plat status. Some members have already received the offer and posted it online so we decided to go ahead and post on FlyerTalk as well.
To be eligible you must have:
1) A U.S. or Canadian address on your profile on elal.com
2) No current or past elite status (Gold or above) in the last 3 years
3) Multiple flights to TLV in the last 2 years
This is not a status match. The scoring is based on number of flight to TLV (either direct or through Europe), class of ticket, and willingness to switch and commit to EL AL.
To sign up please follow direction:
1) Update your EL AL profile with your US or Canadian address here http://bit.ly/1gPw15r
2) Add as many FF accounts to superfly http://www.superfly.com/
3) Extra credit for downloading our mobile app Superfly Hotels and follow directions (iOS only) http://bit.ly/1bpHOFo
* If you don’t have an EL AL Matmid account you can sign up for a free one here http://bit.ly/1dYxoku
I’ll monitor the group to answer any questions.
If you’er not currently an elite with El Al and have been to Israel multiple times over the past few years you can have status. If you meet that criteria, and you’re likely to go back and could possibly fly El Al when you do, you’d be mashugana not to get status.