News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Canada Aeroplan elite members and premium co-brand customers get complimentary Avis elite status Aeroplan 25k, 35, and 50k elites get Preferred Plus while 75k, Super Elites and premium cobrand cardmembers get Avis President’s Club.
- Former CIA Director describes a UFO encounter.
- Subsidies for the new Aer Lingus Dublin – Cleveland flight are even bigger than you thought.
- The Boeing 720 tour plane used by Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, and Elton John
- Auction of Airbus A380 parts from a retired Emirates jet, suitable for creating art pieces (HT: Paul H)
- Four Seasons New York remains closed in dispute over franchise fees it was unprofitable before the pandemic.
- British Airways brings back ability to cancel award bookings online forcing people to call phone lines that would cut them off after waiting on hold was absurd.