News notes from around the interweb:
- The McDonnell Douglas merger and moving corporate headquarters to Chicago changed the Boeing culture
- Former President Barack Obama likes how lights are turned on and off at a Hampton Inn
- JetBlue is looking for a Director, Loyalty Program Development. Maybe your next job?
The Director of Loyalty Program Development is responsible for designing and implementing JetBlue’s customer loyalty and personalization programs. This includes True Blue, JetBlue’s frequent flyer program, and Blue Heart, a forthcoming CRM and personalization engine. JetBlue is in the midst of high investment and rapid growth in the loyalty space, so the ideal candidate must be creative, nimble, possess excellent leadership skills, and be able to manage a complex scope of work across the organization. The Director Loyalty Program Development reports to the Vice President of Loyalty and Personalization.
- Subsidy forever: Alitalia could be nationalized because private bidders haven’t been willing to commit to take over the airline. Its unions are too strong, and government will be willing to kowtow in a way private investors have finally realized makes it impossible to do anything but light money on fire. In the meantime the government is readying more money.
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo
- We’re #1!: TSA seized more firearms per passenger at my home airport of Austin than any other airport last year
- Man got 15 free flights impersonating a Lufthansa pilot using an ID he bought in Bangkok.
- Making things worse than they already are. The mother of the three year old who died in a freak escalator accident at the Charlotte airport has been charged in her child’s death. Appalling.