News and notes from around the interweb:
- Sprint Unlimited free talk, data and text for a year offer has been extended. Unfortunately the free plan no longer triggers American AAdvantage bonus miles.
Copyright: creatista / 123RF Stock Photo
- American Airlines mechanics make the implausible claim that their contract dispute is really about the customer. Their beef is with outsourced maintenance — to shops that do high quality maintenance for commercial airlines around the world, and bear in mind that when maintenance is less expensive airlines can afford more of it. Costly maintenance is what passengers should be nervous about…
- Uber encourages tipping drivers where tipping isn’t customary and gets well-deserved push back
- How Fiji changed the way we travel by using GPS in aviation.
- Gigantic public toilet in China.
— SCMP News (@SCMPNews) March 1, 2019
- Commentary on the new galleys that have been installed on legacy American Airlines aircraft.
View this post on Instagram
Dear Atlas, Can we talk? You came into my life late in the game. I didn’t know your “ Rubik’s cube” ways but just a few years ago. You changed my “galley game” feng shui and flying 2 hasn’t been the same. With so many places to put things, it makes life …well, interesting 🤨. It’s like playing jeopardy without the questions. Instead let play can you guess where the coffee pots are today. It would be a way for catering to pay us back …a shell game of sorts. One redeeming quality is you’ve provided me with extra seating in the galley. We’ve gotten used to sitting on your handle. 😐 it’s allowed us to have meetings of the minds solving real life world problems, like galley gossip. So in closing, I’m not in love with you but I’ll learn to manage. The mysteries of your puzzle like ways shall keep me forever aloof. I will always be searching for stir sticks and limes …until we meet again, Aastews 🤓 This picture is everything, @clairenube 😘