News and notes from around the interweb:
- Mommy Points was back on ABC’s Nightline this time helping a family leverage their everyday activities to earn points.
It was like a reality show, Kitchen Nightmares where Gordon Ramsey does a makeover of a restaurant, Summer drives up to a home and gives a miles and points makeover — and helps a family earn enough points for a trip in just a few weeks. Go, Summer!
- New Fuel Rewards Network signup bonus
- Use of United’s Global Upgrade certificates on Lufthansa has gone electronic which is an improvement over the old paper system. Only Q fares in economy and higher are eligible for upgrading with these on Lufthansa, and the cheapest fare bucket in premium economy and in business will not allow upgrades to a higher cabin.
- Uber apparently charged an airport fee – higher than the real one – for trips to San Francisco airport, and then didn’t pay it. They’re being sued.
- Uber kicked out of Thailand, in discussions with Vietnam.