If you want to experience truly crazy, read the comments on airline Facebook posts sometime. If you want a slightly higher level of discourse, but still get a sampling of what it’s like for the median traveler, reader “tweets & replies” on an airline’s twitter account.
Sometimes when I have a few spare moments I’ll scroll through American Airlines, United and Delta just to see what’s out there.
- Little touches of human kindness and connection go an incredibly long way. Airlines shouldn’t forget that they’re not just in the ‘moving self-loading cargo from one city to another’ business, they’re in the hospitality business.
Thank you @AmericanAir , I will never forget how amazing the crew was on my flight . I had just sat down in my seat and Received the worst news possible . The crew was beyond comforting and went above and beyond. I can’t thank you enough . 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/bVAQMf7ZiH
— B (@B_MALOOF) August 30, 2021
- If it’s been two weeks, how is she even still alive?
@United what does it take to retrieve a breathing machine that was left behind in the overhead bin 2weeks ago? I've filed claim, talked to multiple agents & it's been found – but not returned. I need it to breathe! This is beyond frustrating!
— Kimberly Harms (@kimberlyharms) August 31, 2021
- They spent the first day of their honeymoon together yet the day was totally wasted. Anyone want to lay odds on the relationship?
So me and my husband are on way to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Got up early to catch a flight and @united canceled our flight and rebooked us for afternoon. Our seats are way back in the flight and we will reach late to Hawaii. Completely waste of a whole day on our honeymoon.
— Nikki Albert (@nikkialbert25) August 31, 2021
- There are no entry restrictions into Mexico. United by the way gave them incorrect advice about getting a refund…
Hello @united! Last year we booked a trip including a flight from L.A. to Mexico. Because of Corona and entry restrictions we had to cancel. Instead of giving us a refund, you gave us a credit note. Valid till 01/22. The entry restrictions are still in place. What can we do?
— Sabine Haas (@sabinehaas) August 31, 2021
- This is baggage claim at Newark. And neither United nor American guarantee bag delivery times the way that Delta and Alaska do. This is why neither United nor American guarantee bag delivery times the way that Delta and Alaska do.
The bags are out. Just a brief hour and 45 minute wait after landing. Completely unprofessional and deserving of compensation, and certainly should be refunding people who paid for the service.
— David Danto (@NJDavidD) August 31, 2021
- The question, though, is – did the alcohol still work?
— Kat 🏳️🌈 (@femme_b0t) August 30, 2021
- Only 3 hours on hold waiting for Delta? You must be a SkyMiles Diamond member. Trying ringing Singapore reservations.
Nijah, I spent 2hours and 49 minutes and I finally gave up. I’m sorry but this is not OK. pic.twitter.com/SanbyLCCTJ
— Patricia (@motivatiogram) August 31, 2021
Likely a mere Platinum:
@Delta 4+hours hold time + still no rep for an error Delta made. Flying soon. Need help.
— Lyn Davis (@poettreevines) August 31, 2021
An obvious Gold elite. When we find a general member, it’s time to e-mail Ed Bastian.
— sharon blyth-moss (@SBM202020) August 31, 2021
- There a DOT ‘tarmac delay rule’. You weren’t trapped. You deplaned twice already.
@Delta trapped on DL 2956 b/c parts had to be flown in and some still missing …have boarded and deplaned twice. Now switching aircraft. Are you holding 2:30 flight from atl to Jan or will I be rebooked? Trying to make my daughter’s big game 🥺
— Marcy Croft (@marcybcroft) August 31, 2021
- Great feature of Georgia hospitality, another amenity that Delta provides for its customers.
— jMc (@McElwhat) August 31, 2021
Usually the American twitter feed has ten times more problems (and fifteen more crazy problems) than either United or Delta. The past 24 hours strike me as an outlier, not just for the distribution of complaints but for the absolute lack of video depicting a WWE grudge mask re-enactment on board a commercial flight.