News and notes from around the interweb:
- The American Airlines pilot union has set up a contract website. Here’s a summary of the tentative agreement.
There’s retro pay back to 2020, a 21% pay increase right away, and then annual increases through the amendable date in August 2027. 401k contributions go up 17% on May 2, 2024 and 18% on May 2, 2026. The value of vacation of sick leave go up, and they get Delta-equivalent profit-sharing. Crucially for pilots, they get limits on trip length – more one and two day trips, fewer four and five day trips and there’s more pay for trip reassignments.
- Good customer service from Avianca Lifemiles
- New Amtrak Acela first class meals versus the last time I traveled in Acela first:
- Moths on a plane.
— Dr. Kyla McMullen (K-Mac) (@Dr_Kyla) May 20, 2023
- What part of ‘this is wrong’ don’t people understand?
— Diane Shenk (@DianeShenk) May 21, 2023
- Georgian Airways is resuming flights to Russia. The country’s President has spoken out against this, so the airline’s founder has… banned the President from flying on the carrier.
- Retired Delta Air Pilot Claims Airline Cancelled Flight to Amsterdam to Retaliate Against Her Because She Was Running Late
- I guess that’s why you always book a rate with unlimited miles…?
I have been overcharged by $2,000+ for < 1 day car rental. The supervisor in the Las Vegas airport location is completely unprofessional. As can be seen in the receipt, they are claiming I drove 10k miles in less than a day. pic.twitter.com/rvMrPErwIu
— Jeremiah Abiade (@jtabiade) May 21, 2023