News notes from around the interweb:
- Airline bailout money bolstering creditors, which one of you doubted that?
The #CARESAct assistance will help pave the way for buyers who are seeking to purchase the entire Air Group, maximize creditor recoveries, and enable a successful exit from Chapter 11…
— Ravn Alaska (@RavnAlaska) May 21, 2020
- Wyndham-Caesars status match is back,
Wyndham is announcing today the extension of our partnership with Caesars Rewards through the end of 2021. All perks remain intact-status match, 1:1 point transfer, ability to earn and redeem on bookings via Wyndham channels. …Members can take advantage of benefits by visiting wyndhamrewards.com/caesars.
- St. Croix hotel owner abducted and forced to withdraw cash from multiple ATMs. It would have been a better story if he were forced to refund resort fees.
- Thai Airways will lay off 30% of its workforce in bankruptcy, those 6000 employees will all receive 10 months of pay.
- Social distancing inside a big casino. And by the way Texas strip clubs can re-open Friday, performers must wear masks and private dancers must stay 6 feet from their customers.
- Southwest Airlines will again offer snacks and drinks starting Friday, but no alcohol. Meanwhile United is introducing a drink and snack bag to replace drink and snack choice service however “limited quantities of canned soda, juice, and extra bottled water” will be boarded to accommodate requests.