News and notes from around the interweb:
- I would not put up this sign on my hotel announcing which airline’s crew stays there (I won’t be mentioning the hotel). There’s also a sign inside for dedicated check-in. There are some places where the contract requires separate crew check-in, to avoid lines behind other guests. The way to do this is a “Crew Check-In” sign, not “Welcome SQ Girls!”
The concern that Delta’s plan to tell customers the first names of their crew being somehow unsafe was manufactured outrage. This, though, seems like not the best idea?
- Southwest has 40 planes parked due to lack of pilots “This explains why they are in no hurry on redeyes. Why fly redeyes if you can’t fly your planes when the sun’s still out.”
- Ukranian low cost carrier SkyUp granted right to fly to the U.S. in record time.
- BMO completes its acquisition of Air Miles
- Oy: Remains of Irishman were accidentally left on plane at Dublin Airport and sent back to Greece
- Thai Airways is looking to order 30 new widebody aircraft plus Airbus A321neos for its Thai Smile subsidiary.