News notes from around the interweb:
- EU is investigating Italy’s subsidies of Alitalia but won’t do anything about it.
- How airlines are making decisions on capacity cuts in the face of coronavirus drop in demand
- How Expedia solved a $100 million customer service nightmare they got customers to call in less, they didn’t make telephone support better.
Expedia Wanted Its Dancers To Stop Taking So Many Customer Service Calls Flickr: Juggernautco
- IATA wants ‘use it or lose it’ slot rules waived for the year as a result of coronavirus Generally speaking airlines have to operate 80% of their slot frequencies or give them up.
- Woman drank too much on her layover, hangover confused for coronavirus
- Aman Resorts is launching a cheaper second brand expect this to dilute the main brand.
- Finnair drops carbon offsets.
We have discontinued our CO2 offsetting and biofuel service, as it has been deemed that a company cannot offer such a service in Finland. We will offer offsetting and biofuel options integrated into our ticket types later this year. Stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/cfYIvfxk4n
— Finnair (@Finnair) March 2, 2020