News and notes from around the interweb:
- Gulf Air launches new fifth freedom routes “part of a wider plan to expand its global network beyond Bahrain.” They’ll be flying Athens, Greece – Larnaca, Cyprus and Bangkok – Singapore.
- When should travelers get their flu shot this year? I usually get mine in early November. I want it to have kicked in by Thanksgiving, and retain its greatest effectiveness through the peak of the season (which I guess will start later in Texas than the Northeast). But this is not based on studying the matter at all. (HT: Ken A.)
- Sober travel goes mainstream
- Controlling sonic booms could allow supersonic planes to fly over land (New Yorker)
- Singapore, expected to hit 2/3rds of the population fully vaccinated in August, makes plans to open up and ‘live with Covid-19’
- Delta’s new “masked up” safety video almost seems like a waste, doing this now when hopefully the U.S. transportation mask mandate has just a couple of months to run.