News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest Airlines ‘Month of Luv’ includes free drinks onboard on Valentine’s Day, romantic comedies on their inflight entertainment, and a whole bunch of offers.
- Husband Flies In Business Class & Leaves His Wife And Toddler In Economy During 14-Hour Flight he promised her premium economy but didn’t even book that.
- Passengers Left ‘Sobbing’ and ‘Shaking’ After Oven Fire On KLM Flight to South Africa Sends ‘Toxic Fumes’ Into Cabin
I was on flight #KLM591 that declared an emergency (squawking 7700) and re-routed back to Schipol.
Here’s a video of the plane letting off fuel so we could land safely ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/Bo18AV2PSc
— Tiana Cline (@tianatweets) February 9, 2023
- Starlux will launch its Taipei – Los Angeles service, the carrier’s first entry into the U.S. market, on April 26. They’ve planned an April debut for some time but now we have a real date. And that A350 they’ll be bringing? they promote that with models.
- Out of control tipping…
- Plastiq no longer takes American Express sad, but so is the 2.9% fee they charge these days.
- Hotel can’t be sued for sex-trafficked Broward teenager’s death, judge rules because she used drugs (HT: @crucker)