News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hyatt’s one free night plus breakfast with paid stay offer in Hawaii through December 30.
- Opentable is being acquired by Priceline. In their email to Opentable users, to highlight good news about the service, they note they’re rolling out their “new payment product that lets you easily pay with your OpenTable mobile app without asking for the check.”
- Hilton’s Member-Get-Member promotion lets you earn up to 125,000 HHonors points for referring your friends.
- National Car Rental e-mailed some participants from the last round of their big ‘One Two Free’ bonus to let them know they’ll be bringing it back this fall. (HT: Mark R.)
I didn’t get the email, though I’m an ‘Executive Elite’ with National and earned and burned several free rental days with last fall’s promotion.
- The House of Representatives voted to add an amended to Department of Transportation funding this week that would block Norwegian Air from flying to the U.S.. This bi-partisan amendment, supported by voice vote, seeks to block cheap fares that compete against US carriers. (HT to a reader whose name I don’t know, so apologies.)