News and notes from around the interweb:
- Be careful — if you select miles as your earning option with Club Carlson, they’ll convert your entire points balance as well.
- Turkey is going to eliminate visa on arrival for tourism and trade and begin requiring e-visa in advance, supposedly making the transition in April.
- India is going to eliminate visa via bloodletting, oath-swearing, and physical challenge and replace it with electronic travel authorization in 5-6 months, and covering several Indian airport arrivals. But since it’s India, I would anticipate “5 to 6 months” to mean something longer.
- Joe Biden hates LaGuardia .. but thinks cool airports like in Hong Kong make you think you’re in the U.S. which tells me he has no sense of how large capital infrastructure projects work, and I suspect if he visited Singapore he’d think he was on Mars.
- The two New York City Andaz hotel properties are replacing their C.O. Bigelow bath amenities with all natural, ‘cruelty-free’ Beekman1802, owned by winners of The Amazing Race. (HT: uggboy on Milepoint