News and notes from around the interweb:
- Save 5000 miles on MileagePlus roundtrip economy awards to Mexico. Book by February 24 for travel April 29 through May 26.
- Stop kidding yourself, you’re not going to use the hotel gym (HT: Alan H.)
- JetBlue lost Mandy Moore’s luggage.
- Airline employee unions are claiming that allowing inflight phone calls would make travel unsafe because the cabin would be noisier and people wouldn’t hear safety announcements. That’s just silly. Inflight cell phone use is allowed all over the world without bad things happening. And phone connectivity can be turned off by crew if needed.
Copyright: creatista / 123RF Stock Photo
- The Fairmont Newport Beach will be renovated and become a Renaissance. (HT: Alan H.)
- Why flight attendants make you raise the window shade
- New law would take away right to withdraw from US immigration preclearance in Canada, allow US border agents to strip search Canadians, and allow Canadian permanent residents to be turned away at the border.