News and notes from around the interweb:
- I like transferrable points but I prefer to spread mine across multiple bank currencies.
A friend just sent me this. This is hoarding and I have an attitude that I don’t have the willpower to not spend mine. I would go thru this 11 mill like a wrecking ball. pic.twitter.com/crzGgmQLuS
— Wesley Swipes (@AyeshaSelden) February 9, 2021
- The new Berlin Brandenburg airport (which took 23 years to build out of the old East Berlin airport) isn’t just electrocuting employees it can’t stay warm in winter.
Credit, Muns, via Wikimedia Commons
- Vaccines are causing a surge in travel planning. Meanwhile residents of the U.K. may not be permitted to vacation abroad until all adults in the country have been vaccinated. I don’t buy it literally since there will always be some unvaccinated individuals.
- Two committees in Hawaii’s state legislature have advanced a bill that would eliminate Kauai’s requirement for travelers to have a second negative test prior to release from quarantine.
- A concert for Unicef on the helipad at the Burj Al Arab.