I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
There are several rebates and bonus offers available right now for Uber and Uber Eats, that you can stack for lower costs, points, and to earn American Airlines elite status all at the same time if you sign up for the offers and use the right credit cards. In fact there’s a triple-dipping opportunity,
- Stack points-earning with a Mastercard to be eligible for American Airlines-Mastercard SimplyMiles
- Using a Citibank Mastercard to take advantage of Citi offers
- And link your Uber account to Marriott
For instance I looked up the offers for my Citi Premier® Card Mastercard – which has a limited time 80,000 bonus point offer (after $4,000 spend in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening). They’ll give me rebates on my Uber spend, and I have the card linked to my SimplyMiles account which has Uber offers as well.
Here are the Uber offers in my SimplyMiles account:
- Earn 235 AAdvantage miles (and Loyalty Points) on your next Uber ride of $15 or more by September 30
- Earn 465 AAdvantage miles (and Loyalty Points) on your next Uber Eats purchase of $25 or more by September 30
- Earn 460 AAdvantage miles (and Loyalty Points) on your Uber One membership charges up to (2) times by July 31
Stack this with Citi Merchant Offers which are available to many Mastercard cardmembers,
- $10 rebate on each of your first 4 Uber trips through August 31
- $10 rebate on each of your first 3 Uber Eats orders of $25 or more through August 31
- $$9.99 rebate on Uber One membership fees up to 2 times for new members through August 31
Click through the details on each offer and add them to your account. I used SimplyMiles offers back in July and there were new SimplyMiles Uber offers in my account for August/September. Until I exhaust these I’ll use a Mastercard for my Uber purchases (rides and Eats). I’ll only earn 700 AAdvantage miles and Loyalty Points, but adding Citi Offers if you’re eligible also generate $70 back along with earning some Marriott points along the way.