News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel guests were given a parking pass for their car. They were towed anyway and billed $545.
- It’s insulting that airline safety briefings tell you how to use a seat belt like you haven’t been in a car since 1968. (HT: Tommy L)
- Huge devaluation for Emirates Skywards pricing of first class awards
- British Airways re-furloughs thousands of workers because Boris Johnson is obstinate. By the way there’s a non-zero chance we could see furloughs from United and American effective October 1 if leisure travel dries up as it usually does after Labor Day (kids back in school) and business travel hasn’t returned in earnest yet.
- Secrets hotel employees share on Reddit
- AAA is going to start testing whether hotels are living up to their ‘clean commitments’ but shouldn’t that have been a thing a year ago?