News notes from around the interweb:
- Spirit Airlines sells face masks they promised profits from the masks through June 30 would be donated.
- United is dropping the ‘day blanket’ from Polaris business class, and giving day blankets instead of Saks duvets for premium transcon and Hawaii flights up front.
- Hotel occupancy continues to rise
- TAAG Angola Airlines has taken delivery of a Dash-8
- 6 TSA employees at the Austin airport have tested positive for COVID-19. But what uniquely struck me is this statement by TSA, “Anyone who are concerned they may have come in contact with a TSA officer should contact their doctor, the spokeswoman said.”
- Hertz eliminates its CLEAR integration
@Hertz how is taking away convenient functionality — especially in the climate of an increase in less face to face and touch-based contact — an improvement to my experience? Be honest and say that you don’t want to pay @Clear given your bankruptcy.
— Ivan (@istrakhov) July 2, 2020