News and notes from around the interweb:
- Grand Rapids airport is testing machines that replace people pushing wheelchairs
- The ‘D’ in D0 stands for dirty
— J. Barry Watts (@jbarrywatts) March 23, 2022
- Oscar-nominated actor accused of throwing back 10 vodkas on a London – LA flight and striking a passenger with a fork.
- Man has been eating in restaurants – and refusing to pay – for six years.
His “modus operandi” is always the same: he orders different, tasty dishes, eats as much as he wants of them, orders the bill, and when it comes, refuses to pay. If the waiter threatens to report him, Antonio Miguel Grimal waits calmly and patiently for an officer to arrive, completely indifferent. “He’s got a lot of nerve. He knows that they can’t do anything,” said Juanjo Gracia, owner of the bar Espumosos 5M’ de Zaragoza. “The bastard told the waiter to get him a beer while he was waiting for the police. If he’s been locked up, it’s because he refused to identify himself or didn’t attend his hearings,” Gracia continued.
- Orlando, natch.
- Also Florida, a Hampton Inn whose front desk is staffed by the police. Now I know whom to complain to when my points don’t post. (HT: @SharperTravel)
This is the Hilton Suites, Boynton Beach Florida. The entire staff walked out so here is tax dollars at work probing up a private business.
At least it's keeping them off the streets where they could cause trouble. pic.twitter.com/xMtIQOjow9
— 🥀_Imposter_🕸️ (@Imposter_Edits) March 24, 2022