In 1984 a California man was tossing his toddler up and down in his living room. The kid loved it, and the father went higher and higher. Until the kid’s head hit the ceiling fan. Which was on. And the man sued the ceiling fan manufacturer for failing to warn him that this might be dangerous.
This wasn’t the only man to sue over failure to warn after a ceiling fan injury.
In a case that only Elliott.org would have sympathy for the customer, a man is suing Norwegian Air because he burned his hands on his e-cigarette during flight.
E-cigarette use is already banned in flight and they’re not allowed in checked luggage either. However,
The writer had plugged his e-cig into an outlet, put it in the seat-back pocket in front of him and had fallen asleep — and awoke to smoke pouring from the unit, according to court papers.
Wiberg grabbed the overheated e-cig and “plunged it into a bucket of water” held by the panicked crew, he claimed, sustaining third-degree burns on his right hand, and first- and second degree burns on his left hand, he says in a Brooklyn federal court lawsuit against the airline.
He failed to learn from the drunk realtor who exposed her breasts and refused to put out her e-cigarette inflight.
Instead he contends that “[t]he airline should never have let him bring the e-cig on the flight or let him charge it.”
Saturday Night Live nailed it in their commercial for the law firm of Green & Fazio.
Let’s be frank, what does a ‘No Trespassing’ sign mean when you’re as drunk as I was?
They can have their $2.6 million back, but who’ll give me back my tooth?
…Do you want to spend the rest of your life wondering, maybe I should have sued?
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.