- They announced re-openings then pushed those back.
- Individual islands have had different rules.
- The Covid-19 tests they accept and do not accept to avoid quarantine on arrival make no sense. They have a specific list of testing partners, excluding places like tests from the Mayo clinic, yet accept testing labs not listed on their site because those labs are partners-of-partners.
- Passengers with legitimate tests meeting Hawaii’s rules have been sent to quarantine anyway, or sent home to the mainland.
- All arrivals from outside the state will have to undergo a rapid test at the airport or go into 10-day quarantine. That’s in addition to the required test 72 hours prior to travel, and regardless of vaccination status (even as the state has discussed proof of vaccination in lieu of testing).
- The specific date this will begin hasn’t announced yet, noting that it will take ‘at least 10 working days’ to get the program up and running, but it’s expected to start prior to end of April. There will be no cost to the traveler for this second test.
Hyatt Regency Maui
This could cause significant delays exiting the airport “during the three to four hour period when 10-12 trans-Pacific flights arrive” compounded by additional travelers arriving during that period due to delays to other flights.