Last night was the launch party for Star MegaDO — the ultimate frequent flyer adventure, where 150-200 enthusiastic folks get together, charter an aircraft, and go on behind-the-scenes tours of airlines and aircraft, while picking up swag and tons of miles and elite status along the way.
To get a feel for what a MegaDO is all about, you can read a sample of some of the past media coverage. January’s oneworld MegaDO was featured on the front page of the business section of USA Today and also in
an Associated Press story that hit about 70 papers.
Scott McCartney‘s Wall Street Journal piece on Star MegaDO 3 focused on Tommy Class – a blocked middle seat, like intra-European business class.
And the first Star MegaDO was featured in a big Conde’ Nast Traveler spread.
I blogged last night’s events over on the MegaDO site.
- Guaranteeing a Seat on the Upcoming Star MegaDO
- Checking in at the Launch Party Hotel, the Hyatt Regency Crystal City
- The Launch Party Launches!
- Choose Your Own Hyatt Adventure
- The Plan, Dates, and Price of Star MegaDO 4 Revealed
- See the Launch Party, Just Like You Were There