News and notes from around the interweb:
- Armed members of Mexico’s national guard comb Cancun beaches to keep tourists safe from cartels
- Russia claims Aeroflot flight from Tel Aviv to Moscow was forced to divert to avoid mid-air crash with NATO spy plane
- Another rapping Southwest flight attendant
— A Day In One Place (@ADayinOnePlace) December 5, 2021
- The consequences of reduced travel during the pandemic
- United has a big bet on electric aircraft with Archer Aviation and Archer has gotten an airworthiness certificate.
Credit: Archer Aviation
- I’m glad I didn’t spend time making this myself, but still very cool.
I made a gif. It’s Southwest Airlines routes by city from smallest to largest based on the tentative April 2022 base schedule. From Havana’s one daily flight to Denver’s 235. #AvGeek pic.twitter.com/GpthykEli7
— Kyle Behrend (@kbehrend) December 5, 2021
- Air sickness bag collectors (HT: @crucker)