News and notes from around the interweb:
- It took almost six weeks, but I got Hilton Honors to open up award space at another hotel that never offered any, the Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton. They tell me,
[T]his has been updated and corrected. Given it’s a small boutique hotel, the standard rooms do tend to sell out, particularly in peak season. That said, there should be standard redemptions available, as well as premium rooms (some around 86K-90K), for members to book going forward.
- Miami authorizes airport restaurants to add automatic tips
- 25% – 50% bonus transferring hotel points to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Marriott and IHG points excluded.
- You can now earn Delta miles at Ticketmaster
- United CEO Oscar Munoz trash talks the Honolulu airport
“I hate to be over dramatic but we’ve got to fix this. This is the jewel of this island. People love coming here and we’ve got to have an airport that represents it,” said United CEO Oscar Munoz.
…He said ongoing construction and deferred maintenance at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is taking away from the visitors’ experience.
“I toured this airport with our team this morning … and literally things are coming off the wall,” he said.
- Marty St. George – the most active senior airline executive – is leaving JetBlue.
(deep breath) Yes it is true I am leaving JetBlue. As a twitter fanatic I knew that my farewell tweet had to be monumental, and frankly that's a lot of pressure. I talked to my kitchen cabinet (@heyprofbow, AKA the much younger sister I never wanted) and (1/16)
— Marty St. George ✈️ (@martysg) June 5, 2019
- Five things former Spirit Airlines CEO Ben Baldanza learned from other airline industry leaders
- Major world cities aren’t really becoming ‘all the same’
- Availability challenges booking Wyndham timeshares and condos with points