New and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines appears to have lost an unaccompanied minor. In response they refunded the $75 unaccompanied minor fee.
A PARENT’S WORST NIGHTMARE: A flight from RDU took a chaotic turn for a 13 year old who landed in California alone. Douglas and Maria Davila say they paid @AlaskaAir an unaccompanied minor fee, but those services weren’t provided. Story tonight at 11 on #abc11. pic.twitter.com/Bpf3K1HsUw
— Akilah Davis (@DavisABC11) August 23, 2019
- A hotel chain named for Jewish philosopher Maimonides wants to disrupt hospitality. Meanwhile Howard Johnson hotels are apparently still a thing.
- Nasty comments to a blogger over a negative hotel review trace back to Hilton corporate
- Several local news outlets are vying for their airport to win the TSA’s cutest dog contest.
- British Prime Minister declares an end to the War on Water with the rollout of 3D scanning technology by December 2022. Passengers will no longer be limited to how much liquid they can bring through checkpoints.
- Evolving norms are hard.
On our last flight, a woman asked me to get her luggage down from the overhead bin. I had a brief moment of panic. Did I read somewhere that this was now forbidden? Then I realized that if she was asking me to it must be ok.
— Paul Graham (@paulg) August 24, 2019
- And don’t you dare ring the call button, it’s not a life-threatening emergency.